Nutty Protein Bites
Here's What You'll Need:
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup walnuts
25 pitted dried dates
2 tbs boiling water
1 tsp coconut oil
1/4 cup coconut flakes (unsweetened)
1 tbs peanut butter or PB&Me*
(If you are using PB&Me, add an extra spoon full of boiling water)
Yield: 12 bites
How to Make:
1. Combine the the nuts in a food processor and pulse until they are chopped into small pieces but NOT powdered. This is important because it's nice to have the crunchy nut texture to the bites!
2. Place the crushed nuts in a medium sized bowl and put aside.
3. Place the dates in the food processor and pulse several times. Add the boiling water and coconut oil. (If you are using peanut butter or PB&Me, you can add it now). Process until the dates are somewhat smooth (almost paste-like).
4. Add the date mixture and coconut flakes to the crushed nuts and combine. Using your hands, roll the mixture into round bites.
5. Store in a parchment paper lined container in a cool dry place.
Serve and Enjoy!