No-Bake Peanut Butter Squares
Here's What You'll Need:
1 cup PB&Me* or Peanut Butter
1 cup crushed graham crackers
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 tablespoon agave syrup
For the icing:
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup agave syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
(If you are not using PB&Me, I recommend using 1 1/4 cups of crushed graham crackers to make the bars more solid)
Yield: 8 squares
How to Make:
1. Line a baking tin with parchment paper. (I find the rectangular loaf tins to be the perfect size for 8 squares.)
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the PB&Me, crushed graham crackers, coconut oil and agave syrup.
3. Pour the mixture into the lined tin and spread evenly with a spatula. Set aside.
(Note: this layer should be at least half an inch in thickness - if less, the icing will be too thick for the base.)
4. In a small bowl, combine the icing ingredients (i.e. coconut oil, cocoa powder, agave syrup and vanilla).
5. Carefully spread the icing over the peanut butter layer.
6. Cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Remove from fridge and cut into 8 squares.
For best results, store in an air-tight container in the fridge - given the use of coconut oil, they can soften if not refrigerated.
Serve and Enjoy!