Green Apple and Brie topped with Pistachios and a Black Currant Reduction
Here's What You'll Need:
1 sliced green apple (you need 6 1/4 inch slices)
Juice from a lemon (just enough to prevent the apple from browning)
12 slices brie
1/4 cup crushed pistachios
1/4 cup black currant preserves
1/4 cup water
1 tsp honey
Yield: 6 Appetizers
How to Make:
1. In a small saucepan, combine the black currant preserves, water, and honey. Bring to a boil and then simmer stirring frequently until the mixture has reduced to 1/3 of the original amount.
2. Remove the sauce from heat.
3. Slice the apples and brie.
4. Brush the apples slices with a bit of lemon juice to prevent browning.
5. Lay two pieces of brie (in the form of an "x") over the top of each apple slice.
6. Put a spoon of pistachios over the top of the brie (don't worry if the pistachios fall onto the apple).
7. Using a spoon of piping bag, drizzle the reduction over the top of the appetizer.
Serve and Enjoy!
*Since apples brown quickly, this appetizer should be served immediately!