Gluten-Free Mini Yogurt Parfait Cups
(adapted from Mommie Cooks)
Here's What You'll Need:
4 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup apple sauce (this adds moisture to the granola and I prefer using unsweetened!)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
1/3 shredded coconut
1/4 cup ground flax seeds
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup diced dried dates
For the Filling:
1 1/2 cups greek yogurt
Fresh berries (I prefer rasberries and blackberries)
Hemp hearts (just enough to sprinkle over the top of the yogurt)
Honey (drizzle it on with a spoon or piping bag)
Yield: Approximately 30 Mini Yogurt Cups
How to Make:
1. Preheat your oven to 350F
2. Heat the coconut oil, honey, cinnamon, and salt in a small saucepan on medium heat until the ingredients are combined.
3. Once combined, remove from heat and stir in the apple sauce and vanilla extract.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, coconut, flax seeds, almonds and cranberries.
5. Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until completely coated.
(The recipe that I used to follow suggested placing the mixture into the fridge for about 30 minutes to cool - I'm too impatient to do this! - They always turn out fine!)
6. Take a mini muffin/cupcake tin and fill each opening about 2/3 full.
7. I use the round part (i.e. the base) of my "1 tbs" measuring spoon to press the mixture down and swipe the spoon away from the tin instead of lifting directly upwards (this will cause the mixture to lift with the spoon). If you prefer, you can make the cups by using your fingers to press into the center of the hole and then work your way around the edges to form a bowl.
8. Place the muffin/cupcake tin into the oven and bake for about 20 mins. Note that the cups will feel soft when they are removed from the oven but they will solidify when they cool. I usually take mine out when they look golden!
It's important that you let them cool completely before removing them from the tin.
9. Once cooled, you can add about a spoon of yogurt to each one and top with your favourite toppings. I usually sprinkle over some hemp hearts, top with a berry, and then drizzle over some honey!
Serve and Enjoy!
*Store any cups that you are not immediately using in an air tight container.