Garden Salad with Blue Cheese
Here's What You'll Need:
4 cups hand-torn romaine lettuce
2 cups sliced radicchio
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
2 eggs - whites only
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
2 tbs diced onion
1/4 cup Kalamata olives
For the Dressing:
3 tbs organic mayonnaise
1 1/2 tbs balsamic vinegar
Crushed walnuts, almonds, or hazelnuts
Yield: 4 side portions (or 1 meal size salad)
How to Make:
1. Prepare your veggies (wash, dry and cut accordingly).
2. In a small frying pan, fry the egg whites pancake style at a medium temperature. Either cover, or flip at half-time.
3. While the eggs are cooking, combine the mayonnaise and vinegar in a small bowl using a whisk. The dressing should be smooth. You can adjust the quantity of vinegar until you reach your desired acidity level! Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix the romaine, radicchio, and parsley by hand.
5. Slowly drizzle the dressing over the salad and gently toss until the leaves are sufficiently coated. (To avoid over-dressing the salad, try coating the inside of a bowl with the dressing and then add the salad. Make sure the leaves are well-coated by mixing it up with clean hands. Slowly add more dressing if needed.) Add the blue cheese and gently combine. This is the base salad mixture.
6. In a separate bowl, mix the tomatoes and onion and toss with a pinch of salt and pepper (optional).
7. When the eggs are cooked, let slightly cool and then cut into thin strips.
8. To plate the salad, start by equally plating the base salad mixture. Place the egg white strips randomly on the salad. Top the salad with the tomato salsa and Kalamata olives.
(You can prep everything in advance and assemble right before serving.)
Serve and Enjoy!