Chocolate Covered Spoons
Here's What You'll Need:
24 plastic spoons
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
To Decorate (optional):
Edible silver pearls
Crushed toffee pieces
3 piping bags (fine tipped)
Flat baking tray lined with parchment (or wax) paper
Clear bags and ribbon (optional)
Yield: 24 Chocolate Covered Spoons
How to Make:
1. Melt your chocolate. I melt chocolate the old-fashioned way... using the stove... but you can go ahead and pop it in the microwave if you wish! Chocolate likes to melt at a low temperature, so be careful not to burn it... this will cause it to cease up!
2. While the chocolate is melting, line your baking tray with a sheet of parchment (or wax) paper.
3. Dip each spoon into the chocolate to create a base layer (so that you have 8 spoons of each type of chocolate), and rest each spoon on the wax paper resting the handle of the spoon on the edge of the baking tray.
4. Refrigerate for a few minutes until they solidify.
5. Remove from the fridge and repeat process by dipping the spoons into a different type of chocolate to create a nice layering effect.
Repeat steps 4 and 5 until each spoon has been coated with three layers of chocolate.
6. If you are adding decorations like edible pearls of toffee, sprinkle them after your last round of dipping BEFORE refrigerating.
7. Fill your piping bags with remaining chocolate (you may need to melt more chocolate depending on how thick your layers are). Pipe away!
8. Refrigerate until they solidify.
9. You can put them into little clear plastic treat bags and tie them with a ribbon at the neck of each spoon. They make the perfect gifts!
To serve, heat up a glass of warm milk or your favourite coffee, dip and enjoy!
(Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.)
Serve and Enjoy!