Chocolate Covered Bacon
Here's What You'll Need:
1 pack of bacon
1/3 cup white chocolate chips
1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
Yield: 15 Chocolate Covered Bacon Treats
How to Make:
1. Preheat your oven to 350F.
2. Weave your bacon strips onto the wooden skewers (as best as you can!) - you want to try to prevent them from curling up. Set each skewer onto the sides of a baking tray - the tray should be deep enough that the bacon does not touch the base of the tray (see image). This is because we need to drain as much fat as possible from the bacon.
3. Bake the bacon in the oven until cooked (should be well-cooked and firm).
4. Once the bacon is cooked, remove it from the oven and let cool.
5. While the bacon is cooling, melt the chocolate chips. I melt chocolate the old-fashioned way... using the stove... but you can go ahead and pop it in the microwave if you wish! Chocolate likes to melt at a low temperature, so be careful not to burn it... this will cause it to cease up!
6. Once the bacon has cooled, you can start decorating it with the melted chocolate. I find dipping it is not the best way to go because it creates a layer that is too thick for my liking! Instead I use a baking brush and brush it on to each piece. Set the bacon back onto a clean baking tray and refrigerate until the layer of chocolate solidifies. Once solid, repeat the process with a different type of chocolate for a nice layering effect. You can also pipe the chocolate onto the strips with a thin tip for visual appeal! Keep them cool until ready to serve!
Serve and Enjoy!