Blueberry Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Here's What You'll Need:
1/4 cup softened butter
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
2 1/2 tsps baking powder
1 cup milk
Juice and zest from one lemon
1 cup blueberries
For the Icing:
1 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
To Decorate (optional):
Edible silver pearls
Star-tipped piping bag
Cupcake baking tray (lined)
Yield: 12 Cupcakes (24 -36 mini cupcakes depending on tray size)
How to Make:
1. Preheat your oven to 350F and line you cupcake trays.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the softened butter and sugar and whisk until light and fluffy. Add eggs and whisk until well combined. In a separate bowl combine the flour and baking powder. Add half of the milk and flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir and then combine the remaining milk and flour. Whisk until the mixture is nice and smooth. Add lemon zest and lemon juice.
3. Fill each mould 3/4 full and then add a few blueberries in the center of the cupcake. Cover the blueberries with about a tbs of batter. You can add more blueberries to the top of the cupcake if you wish!
4. Bake until the cupcakes are golden-brown. (To be sure they are cooked through, insert a toothpick into the center of one cupcake and it should come out clean.)
5. Remove cupcakes from the baking tray and let cool. Note that they must cool completely before frosting!
6. While the cupcakes are cooling you can prepare the icing. Combine the heavy cream and sugar in a mixing bowl by whisking until light and fluffy. Add the cream cheese and continue whisking until the frosting is smooth. Use a spatula to transfer the frosting from the bowl to your piping bag. Pipe out the icing onto the cooled cupcakes! (For ideas, see the video above). You can also sprinkle on some edible silver pearls.
You can store the cupcakes in the fridge until ready to be served.
Serve and Enjoy!